Firearms & Tool Marks
Leeds firearms and tool marks comparison microscopes have been purchased by numerous prestigious forensic labs throughout the U.S. and around the world including the FBI, ATF, TEDAC, US Postal Service, and US Army. Recently the FBI purchased six LCF3 comparison microscopes for their labs.
Leeds Forensic Systems, Inc. manufactures and distributes firearms and tool marks comparison microscopes to meet all levels of needs:
- The Discovery-Z motorized comparison microscope built with world-class Zeiss zoom optics.
- The Discovery, built with world-class Zeiss zoom optics and featuring the largest zoom range of any firearms microscope on the market. The Discovery has a 20:1 zoom ratio with over 900 matched magnification set points (with a 1.0x objective), the result of synchronized zoom bodies capable of working independently, or together, with direct communication to software.
- The LCF3, the leader in the firearms comparison microscope market, featuring high performance world-class Olympus optics, offers superior functionality, ergonomic comfort, and incredible versatility.
- The LCF2 is a fully functional and robust firearms system employing Olympus world-class optics and Leeds motorized table. This system is an ideal solution for the cost-conscious forensic laboratory seeking the same quality and versatility found with all Leeds' products.
- Leeds Tool Marks comparison microscope is a robust system featuring extra large unobstructed low-profile stages useful when examining large tools or pieces of evidence.