Leeds Precision Instruments, Inc., a manufacturer of Forensic equipment, based in Plymouth Minnesota, has an immediate opening for:
Assembly Technician / Product Integrator
The role of this position is responsible for aligning and assembling of mechanical / optical systems. This position requires experience, and the ability for mechanical and optical alignment techniques. Dedication to detail and the ability to work with tight mechanical and optical tolerances. The individual will ensure timely completions of production orders to schedule. The product delivered should be free of workmanship defects and fully tested. In addition, the individual should consistently look for opportunities to improve production processes through providing feedback to engineering.
Job Functions include the following:
- Assembly and testing of optical / mechanical assemblies.
- Delivery of product on time to production schedule.
- Consistently look for opportunities to improve processes.
- Ensure delivery of defect free product.
- Effectively communicate any supply issues that are affecting production.
- Experience working with optical systems containing lenses, mechanics and electronics.
- High mechanical aptitude and dexterity.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work constructively within a team.
- 2 Year technical degree is required
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm with a willingness to work beyond a 40 hour week when business dictates.
Salary depends on qualifications
Benefits package available
Equal Opportunity Employer